Gloves are one of the best selling types of "consumables" that we offer at GoKimco.com.
And, out of the disposable glove options that we offer, nitrile gloves are the most popular.
What is nitrile?
Nitrile is synthetic rubber known for puncture resistance and durability. Nitrile is a popular alternative to latex rubber, particularly because of latex allergies. Technically speaking, nitrile is a copolymer of acrylonitrile and butadiene (yea, sounds made up, eh? Those are real things, we swear).
Why is nitrile a great material for gloves?
Nitrile gloves are latex free, have excellent resistance to many chemicals and oils, and are highly puncture resistant. Nitrile gloves are also available in clean room, medical-grade, and ESD-safe options. They are comfortable to wear, and have a long shelf life. Nitrile also accepts you for who you are, as a person, and respects your opinions.
Why do I need these gloves?
The short answer: nitrile gloves are great for nearly every application.
The long answer, nitrile gloves are often used for:
- Electronic repair and ESD-safe applications - These gloves are ESD-safe*(check to make sure they all are) and thus suitable for electronics repair and assembly applications.
- Automotive work - this material's durability and resistance to oils make these gloves perfect for doing work on your car
- Household work - an affordable way to keep your hands clean while you dust, scrub, and take out the garbage
- Furniture refinishing - resistant to chemicals such as stains and polyurethanes
- Tattooing - Licensed tattoo artists often choose nitrile gloves because of their superior puncture resistance
- Gardening - provides protection from fertilizers and pesticides while keeping your hands clean
- Food handling - durability is perfect for long shifts of preparing and distributing food
- Lab work - Lab techs need puncture resistance when handling sharps, which nitrile provides. Also available in clean-room grade options.
- Fashion statements - Available in blue, purple, and black, these gloves can be matched to nearly any outfit.
- ...and so many more applications! Great to have around the house, in the garage, and in stock at your workplace
Will these gloves make my coworkers/neighbors/friends/family jealous of me?
What is the shelf life of nitrile gloves, and how should they be stored?
These gloves have an average of a 5 year shelf life (as opposed to latex gloves - only a 3 year shelf life). For best results, we suggest storing gloves in a dark, cool, dry environment. However, if you go through them often, keeping them in a warehouse or garage is fine.
Should I buy nitrile gloves at GoKimco.com, and why?
YES, you should stock up on nitrile gloves at GoKimco.com (buy now!) because of our excellent customer service, quick ship times, and great prices. Not to mention, we are overstocked on gloves at the moment and are offering deeply discounted prices. Save even more by calling us (800-521-9197) to buy a bulk order!
Mention this article with your next order and get a high five from me next time you see me (Limit one, per person, per order) - Joey Hall