Hakko FX-100 Features
The Hakko FX–100 is an inductively heated (IH) solder iron. IH irons heat quickly thanks to a rapidly changing magnetic field. The soldering iron tip, a conductor, is in the magnetic field and cultivates an electric current. This current heats the T-31 tip more quickly than other irons heat their tips.
This technology has the unit heat-up quicker than soldering irons that heat by using resistive heated elements that get energy from the power supply.
Another feature that makes the Hakko FX 100 so easy to use is that it needs no calibration.
The soldering station is one of the easiest to use thanks to the simple way a user programs it for using different tip shapes or solder alloys.
Other features include:
- A power activity display that provides non-interruptible dynamic feedback on thermal load at the tip of the soldering iron;
- Large Backlit display;
- Safety auto power off feature;
- Password protectection prevents unauthorized people from making system changes;
- Minimal workbench footprint;
- Ergonomic handbook that is lightweight with burn resistant cord to allow for outstanding user agility;
- Tip sleep feature that preserves the life of the T-31 tips and cuts oxidation when the iron is idle; and
- Meets or exceeds requirements under all applicable standards.
Features of T-31 Tips
The T-31 Series tips come as cartridges and the tips receive more power from the IH power source. As with all Hakko tips, the T-31 series of tips are long-lived. These tips come in a wide assortment of shapes from which to choose. The technology Hakko employs in the T-31 tips use iron plating similar to the renowned long-life Hakko T15 tip series.
For more information about the Hakko FX-100 and T-31 tips, email Kimco Distributing at [email protected] call us at (800) 521-9197.