The Hakko FX888D-23BY is an ESD-Safe Soldering Station with a digital adjustable temperature control in a compact design. The FX888D features adjustment and preset modes, a password function, separable tip/heater design, and full support for Hakko's N2 Nitrogen System.
- Iron has a thin grip for ease of use
- Fast thermal recovery
- Selectable preset temperatures and digital calibration
- Includes (1) T18-D16 Tip
- FX888 and 936 Series Solder stations have been discontinued. The FX888D is the replacement. The FX888D also uses the same tips as the FX888 and 936 Series Soldering Stations
Q: Would you consider the Hakko FX888D more for beginners and hobbyists or is it
an industrial tool?
A: Though the price of the unit would make you feel that it’s not built to handle industrial application (where the station could be running 24/7); this is not the case for the FX888D. It is well qualified to be used for heavy duty applications, in addition to being a great unit for home use.
Q: Can the FX888D be used for lead free applications requiring higher soldering temperatures?
A: Absolutely, the FX888D is capable of handling lead free applications.
Q: What does it mean when you say the station is ESD Safe?
A: The soldering station is grounded from the soldering tip to ground. This assures that you will not build up a static charge that could damage delicate circuit board components.
Q: How can I tell when I need to replace the soldering tip on my FX888D?
A: If you maintain the soldering tip well, the tips can last a very long time. There’s a few things that cause the tips to fail and require replacements and they are as follows:
- Pinhole in the plating due to wear from normal soldering.
- Heavy oxides developing that can not be removed with wet sponge or 599 wire cleaning sponge. If oxides develop, it is recommended that you try refurbishing the tip by using a Hakko FT700
- If you see that the tip is separating from the inner sleeve of the tip. This typically will happen only after very prolonged use of the tip and many thermal cycles.
|GoKimco Part #:||H-FX888D-23BY|
|Manufacture Part Number (MPN):||FX888D-23BY|
|Country of Manufacture||No|