Nitrile gloves: everything you wanted to know but afraid to ask.
Why is nitrile a great material for gloves?
Nitrile gloves are latex free, have excellent resistance to many chemicals and oils, and are highly puncture resistant. Nitrile gloves are also available in clean room, medical-grade, and ESD-safe options. They are comfortable to wear, and have a long shelf life. Nitrile also accepts you for who you are, as a person, and respects your opinions.
Why do I need these gloves? The short answer: nitrile gloves are great for nearly every application. The long answer, nitrile gloves are often used for:
- Electronic repair and ESD-safe applications - These gloves are ESD-safe*(check to make sure they all are) and thus suitable for electronics repair and assembly applications.
- Automotive work - this material's durability and resistance to oils make these gloves perfect for doing work on your car
- Household work - an affordable way to keep your hands clean while you dust, scrub, and take out the garbage
- Furniture refinishing - resistant to chemicals such as stains and polyurethanes
- Tattooing - Licensed tattoo artists often choose nitrile gloves because of their superior puncture resistance
- Gardening - provides protection from fertilizers and pesticides while keeping your hands clean
- Food handling - durability is perfect for long shifts of preparing and distributing food
- Lab work - Lab techs need puncture resistance when handling sharps, which nitrile provides. Also available in clean-room grade options.
- Fashion statements - Available in blue, purple, and black, these gloves can be matched to nearly any outfit.
- ...and so many more applications! Great to have around the house, in the garage, and in stock at your workplace