Desco 17200 Premium Foot Grounder with 1 Meg Resistor
The Desco 17200 Reusable Heel Grounder with Velco® allows you to adjust the material to expand to fit most shoe sizes comfortably and flex during walking.
Just the facts for 17200
- Hook and Loop Stretch Hook and Loop Fastening system - Size adjustable material expands to fit most shoe sizes comfortably and flex during walking.
- Tear Resistant Rubber with Inner Scrim - Reinforced material prevents tearing, increasing the service life of foot grounder
- 30" Long, 8 Conductive Strand Nylon Polyester Grounding Tab - Additional conductive material provides reliable connection with the operator's sweat-layer
- Non-Marring Interior Layer - Will not mar operators's shoes
- One (1) Megohm Series Resistor - To protect operator from accidental contact with equipment line voltage
- UL Listed - Independently reviewed for adeqacy of the products design
- RG: 1 x 10(6) < 1 x 10(8) ohms per ESD SP9.2 7 ESD TR53
- Date Coded - Provides LOT traceability to ensure quality control and tracking information
- Made in the U.S.A.
Q: How long would I expect the heel grounder to last?
A: With proper care, it should last a year or more. The issue we find is that people wear them in the parking lot and the abrasive concrete surface will cause premature wear. If you take care of them, they will last a long time.
Q: The price for the heel grounder is very inexpensive, does that mean it is cheaply made?
A: No, not at all. The Desco 17200 is our biggest seller and we buy in bulk, so we’re able to pass the savings onto you.
Q: Would you recommend testing the heel grounder after putting it on?
A: Absolutely test to make certain it is working. You can test it with the Desco 19252 Combo Tester for Wrist Straps and Foot Wear or any other type of ESD footwear tester. If you find it not working, then I would recommend adjusting the piece that is tucked into the shoe. This piece conducts any static on your body to the black conduct rubber part. Testing your monitoring equipment is an important part of any static control program.
Q: Does one size fit all or do I need special sizes?
A: One size fits all.
Q: Is this made to be worn by women and men?
A: Yes, this grounder is made for women and men. If females wear Pumps or High Heel shoes, you will need a toe grounder strap like the Desco 17222 Toe Grounder .