The Hakko FR-870B Infrared 2-Bank bench-top board heater is designed to elevate the temperature of the printed circuit board assemblies so that components on them can be easily soldered and desoldered. This tool is particularly useful when soldering Pb-free assemblies.
2-BANK IR BOARD PREHEATER
The FR-870B is a bench-top board heater designed to elevate the temperature of printed circuit board assemblies so that components on them can be soldered and de-soldered more easily, and with improved results. This is particularly useful on medium to high-mass board assemblies, which can “heat-sink” a significant amount of energy being supplied by a soldering iron tip, or handheld hot-air tool. This tool is particularly useful when soldering Pb-free assemblies.
The FR-870B is an updated replacement for the popular Hakko FR-870 IR Preheater that includes an upgrade to use the new high efficiency carbon filament lamps and the new software features found in the FR-872 4-zone IR preheater, thus allowing you to control the ramp rate at 1, 2, or 3 degrees Celsius per second when you are in one of the two thermocouple modes.
• 2 independent switchable zones
• 248 mm x 140 mm PCB capacity
• Manual or Auto modes of operation
• Preheat control by Power or Thermocouple
• Soft EPO to protect assemblies
• Small footprint and low profile
• Faster than ceramic IR heating
• Integrates with the Hakko FR-803B and FM-206
• Easy to remove reflector for cleaning and finding lost components