The Loctite® 233731 Medium Strength 290™ Threadlocker is for pre-assembled bolts up to 1/2" (12mm) in diameter.
LOCTITE® 290 is a liquid medium/high-strength threadlocker designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. Because of its low viscosity and capillary action, the product wicks between engaged threads and eliminates the need for disassembly prior to application. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. The product can also fill porosities in welds, castings and powdered metal parts.
- Ideal for locking preassembled fasteners, e.g. instrumentation fasteners, electrical connectors and set screws
- Works on metal only
- Proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Requires heat for disassembly
- Penetrates threads by capillary action
- Secures set screws and other assemblies after settings are completed
- Seals welds and porous metal parts
- Mil Spec: Mil-S-46163A
- Type III Grade R
- ASTM-D5363: Group 2 Class 6 Grade 1
- Color: Green
- 10 ml bottle
- Formerly part number 29021