Kester 186 Soldering Flux, RMA, case of 4 Gallons | 63-0000-0186
The Kester 186 RMA Flux is a high quality, purified grade rosin blended into an alcohol solvent system. The desired flux activity and the amount of rosin residue are determined by the concentration (solids percentage) of the flux.
Kester 186, under MIL-F-14256, was QPL approved as Type RMA. Although the fluxing ability approaches that of Type RA flux, the flux residue after soldering is non-corrosive and non-conductive. 186 rosin flux has been developed for use in critical applications where difficult assemblies are to be soldered, but process requirements stipulate use of Type RMA flux. This flux possess high thermal stability for soldering multi-layer assemblies which require a high preheat temperature. Exposure to high preheat temperatures does not degrade solubility of the residue in normal cleaning solvents. There is no surface insulation resistance degradation caused by the flux residue. The use of a minimum of ionic activating agents and the inactive nature of the residue permits leaving the residue on circuit board assemblies for many applications. The flux residue is also moisture and fungus resistant, and is classified as ROL0.
Kester 63-0000-0186 Features:
- Flux Type: Rosin Mildly activated
- Percent Solids: 36% Percent Halides: 0.02%
- Specific Gravity: 0.879 +/- 0.003 (186)
- Characteristics: Designed for high thermal stability and superior solderability
- Compliant Specifications: IPC/J-STD 004, Flux Designator ROLO
- Residue Removal Method: Non-corrosive residue may be removed with solvent or with Kester's #5768 Bio-Kleen® saponifier at 7-10% solution in de-ionized water at 120-150 Degrees F. Thinner #: 120
- Made in the U.S.A.